Healthful and pleasing qualities of the residential living environment are enhanced by promoting a variety of living styles, housing
types, affordability profiles, and densities in different settings. This Plan's intent is to foster many housing opportunities and
consider areas best suited from the standpoint of accessibility, infrastructure availability, support services resources, environmental
constraints, and land use compatibility.
Provide safe, adequate, and affordable housing for people of all income levels.
- Reduce the negative impacts and the necessity to utilize substandard housing.
- Ensure that all residential development has adequate services.
POLICIES IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGIES:
- Coordinate with cities, construction, development, and real estate industries to encourage an increase in housing units adequate
to meet the demands of the population at all income levels.(9)
- Plan housing developments in coordination with established community service providers.(1, 2, 3, 9)
- Work with state, federal, and local agencies and housing groups to devise and update a plan of assistance, incentives, and
ordinances and regulations that encourage the building of safe and affordable housing.(5, 6, 9)
- Maintain a standardized building code that meets the Uniform Building Code and the Building Ordinances of Kootenai County.(5, 9)
- Encourage buffer areas and greenbelts between residential areas and land devoted to other uses.(1, 2, 3)
- ZONING ORDINANCE
- SUBDIVISION ORDINANCE
- PUD ORDINANCE
- FUTURE ACQUISITION MAP
- OTHER TOPICAL ORDINANCES
- CITY IMPACT AGREEMENTS
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS
- DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS GRANTS
- INTERAGENCY COMMUNICATION
- PUBLIC AWARENESS EDUCATION